Sunday, January 5, 2014

Gratitude Day 4



Today our family was assigned to clean the church. I'll admit that when I heard our name read from the pulpit my initial thought was a groan, but I caught myself quickly and reminded myself that it is a good thing and I'm on board with this and it will be a blessing. I told myself this because I had a vague memory of trying to reprogram this into my brain over the years. I don't love cleaning, but I love things to be clean! Right now, I can't even keep up with my own life and responsibilities so an added duty didn't automatically register as a joyous occasion. I'm so grateful that I didn't allow myself any time to dread or begrudge this opportunity. I had a wonderful time today! I love that many members of our ward showed up with smiles and great attitudes. We worked. We chatted. We taught our children how to clean. We showed them that this wonderful building we are blessed with doesn't magically clean itself. I hope it makes them treat it with more respect. I know it helps me remember. I was on vacuuming duty, even the youngest one there, Steele, went to work. I am grateful for church cleaning duty today!

No comments: