Thursday, February 25, 2010

save the date Feb. 27th, 2010

Very kind friends of ours, Mont and Michelle Tanner, offered to host a community wide garage sale with all proceeds going directly to the "Garth Abbott-Cancer Fund".
I am including here part of Michelle's note:

I will do the garage sale on Feb. 27, 2010. That would give us a good month to collect items that people would want to donate. I am willing to come to any one's home to pick up items. All proceeds will go directly to the "Garth Abbott Cancer Fund". It will be from 6:00 am to 2:00 p.m. on Saturday only. If weather is a factor, we will move it up to the following weekend of March 6th. My address is 639 Foxhall road (cross streets of College and Paradise Hills in Henderson NV) and my phone number (702)-525-5512, or 702-434-4411. If anyone wants to donate, they have plenty of time to do some spring cleaning and help out the cause. The more we get the better! All things not sold, can either be held for another garage sale, given back to the donor (only if specifically marked, because I will get confused) or taken to the DI (Deseret Industries for anyone not familiar with that acronym).

Help spread the word so that we can make this a success!

4 comments:

Katelyn said...

Rachelle I didn't know how to get ahold of you so I hope this works... I want to donate 2 of my services. My company is called "Simply Real Weddings." I plan and coordinate weddings as well as provide floral services.

First I would like to donate "Day-of and Prep cordination." This is valued at $500. I would met with the bride and groom before hand to go over time line and day-of details. Then I will be there the day before for set up and of course cordination of the Wedding day!

My second service is a bridal Bouquet and Bout of your choice (Flowers subject to season). Bridal bouquets can retal from $150-$500!!! Any additional floral services purchased along with this offer, I will donate 50%.

My name is Katelyn DeGraw.

My work email is simplyrealweddings@hotmail.com or my personal is kkreid20@hotmail.com

Website: http://simplyrealweddings.blogspot.com

Phone:702-416-4055

Las Vegas Area Please. Others may be discussed.

* said...

This is a great idea.

Rachelle -- can you remind us & repost this on your blog when the date gets closer?

Jill said...

It would be helpful to post this on craigslist as well to spread the word. I would be glad to do it for you when it gets closer. Lots of yard sale folks review the ads on craigslist.

* said...

This is a great endeavor. I'll check our calendar & see about stopping by (I'm a crazy yard sale loving mama at heart!).