Monday, July 26, 2010

where has the summer gone.......

I don't even know where to start. I never intended to stop blogging; it just happened. Day after day, I just couldn't find a moment to sit down and type. The more days that past, the harder it became. Then this afternoon, I typed in my blog address, read and caught up on my family and friends' blogs, and decided that I wanted to write.

I have missed my blog and yet it has been a much needed break. I always love a good paradox: the thing I needed to do the most was the same thing that I needed a break from the most. Sometimes time and distance affords me what I lack in the moment to be able to record my life openly. I in no way mean to sound like catastrophic events have taken place in my life during the last 2 months that are undocumented on my blog. In fact we had some wonderful experiences in the last two months. I even hope to back track and include some of them (that may or may not happen).

I don't know that I have the words to describe some of the other parts of the last two months. Maybe they will emerge as I try to write. In a nut shell I have felt like someone had punched me in the stomach, threw me in a swift moving river, and forgot to give me a life preserver. A little dramatic? Yes. Has it really been that bad? I don't know; I'll let you know when I catch my breath and figure out where I am.

Savvy and Flint woke up from their naps and demanded some attention from me. Upon returning to the computer and rereading what I had wrote, I thought that maybe my entry sounds way too ominous and mysterious. The real truth is that not all in my life is mine to share. To protect the privacy of someone I love and respect, it makes it hard to openly share.

6 comments:

Danielle said...

Hope you guys are doing ok. We will sure miss you guys. You are an amazing family!

EMILY said...

well now you have us all worried! hope things are ok!
emily

Corrina Terry said...

Hope you guys are doing ok. We love you!
Cori :O)

Michelle said...

Yes, mysterious and ominous are words that would describe your post. Don't you hate it when you want to share your experiences because it would help YOU so much, but ultimately you just can't violate others' privacy? I felt like I was living in quiet desparation for months (on and off), but you know that because you practically got the play by play! I wanted to write on my blog about it SO many times, but that obviously wasn't an option.

Lynette said...

I know it's been such a hard couple of months and you've handlded everything with such courage and grace--words that always describe you! You are amazing and I am so glad you are my sister. Love you!

* said...

Glad to see your post & that you are alive & well. :)

Your words reminded me of a testimony Ben once gave in one of our old wards. It was ominous in ways, but was (well, I knew the truth) hinting at much bigger things happening in our lives @ the time, just things we didn't want to share with 200 other ward members.

Whatever it is, know you are loved.

PS: Another blog meet up would be fun, too, sometime...but the way summer is flying, it might be over before we get a chance to organize it!!