Friday, March 5, 2010

10 signs my kids are on track break

in no particlar order. . . .
1- My blog is neglected

2-I have dark circles under my eyes (I don't get my nap with all the kids home--sometimes the babies don't either).

3-No time for facebook or friendly chit chats on the phone.

4- We spend lots of time at the park.

5-We clean everyday, but the house still gets progressively worse until the kids finally return to school.

6-I'm far too happy to see/talk to an adult.

7-"My, you have your hands full" is constantly ringing in my ears.

8- Kids might not make it out of their pj's on any given day.

9-Less "schedule" stress

10-Never know how many kids will be at my house at any given moment (a little more time for play dates!). This was shocking to a door to door salesman who stopped by this week and saw 10 kids playing behind me.

9 comments:

Ramona said...

Love your list! What a fun time, even if it is more crazy!

ABBOTTLAND said...

Yeah, it sounds like a constant partay at your house :) Aren't you glad you don't homeschool? I mean obviously there are benefits to that, but having them around all the time. It would be tough. It bothers me when people say "looks like you've got your hands full." It's like, "duh?" Ignorant people. I bet you are looking forward to those naps you get to have every so often, once the kids go back to school.
P.S~I'm so glad the garage sale went so well. Amazing!
~Mandy

Norris Fam said...

I took my aunt's 3 kids (plus my girls) to Costco the other day and I couldn't believe how people would STARE at me! I was cracking up actually...but I could tell what they were thinking without any words.

I'm glad you're still running while you're kids are on track break!!!

MelTheo said...

Who wouldn't want to play at the Abbott home? It's the party house!! You can repaint dolly's, cap your teeth with purple beads, or just sit back and enjoy a nice slice of homemade pizza.

I might just stop by...

Brittany said...

Ahh track break. I am actually looking forward to it. Mine go on break next week. It's always nice to have days now and then when kids stay in pajamas all day, and no homework. However I'll be excited for them to go back to school as well! :)

Lynette said...

and we haven't even gotten together!! Something seriously wrong with that!

chanel said...

oh sounds like FUN to me! wish we were there to add to the mania!!! a lot of this list could be mine and I have half the kids and one is on 9month schedule so in school, whats that tell ya? YOU ARE FABULOUS!

kassie said...

Dont you love are they ALL yours!?!?!? Yes and we want more! Miss you girl! I started blogging. ponoandkassie.blogspot So we can KIT better!

chanel said...

hey sorry this is a comment, but I can't find your email address.... can you email me your address, I have a something-something for ya!
THANKS!